NEW SCOTCH: We have a fantastic, rare new whisky in stock. Ever heard of Garnheath Distillery? Probably not. Only producing whisky for 21 years between 1865 to 1986 before being demolished in 1988, whisky from this Lost Scottish Distillery is very hard to come by. Our friends at Independent bottling company Morrison & MacKay have released a very limited 41 year single grain bottling and we LOVE it. We had a wee taste and you can read our blog here: https://www.thewhiskybarrel.co.uk/blog/post/tasting-garnheath This one is rather special! TASTING BLOG: @The_Macallan 25 year old (1989) Carn Mor scotch whiskey. https://t.co/zdRXnlf0U6 @CarnMorWhiskies http://t.co/coVCHxIWwf

MORE

Similar Whisky
40 Year Old 1973 Director's Cut
40 Year Old 1973 Director's Cut
ABV: 48.9%
Volume: 70cl
Bottler: Douglas Laing & Co.
Vintage: 1973
Age: 40 Year Old
NEW

Teaninich
40 Year Old 1973 Director's Cut Whiskey

Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Out of stock. Check back again soon.
Out of stock
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase alcohol on this website, Please enjoy our products responsibly

Teaninich 40 Year Old 1973 Vintage Highland single malt Scotch whisky. Single refill hogshead #10234 bottled March 2014 by Douglas Laing & Co. for the Director's Cut series. 156 bottles.

Nose: Sweetly spiced – lightly oaked + a rich chocolate & macerated dark cherries quality.

Palate: Mouth coating – barley’d & warmingly spiced + toffee & polished wood.

Finish: Long with lingering spices + bees wax & an antique furniture wooden style.

Teaninich

Teaninich Distillery was built by Captain Hugh Monro on the lands of his Teaninich Castle near Alness on the northern shore of the Cromarty Firth in Scotland’s Highland whisky region. Established in 1817 with two stills which increased to four in the 1890s as demand for Teaninich malt whisky soared. A new Teaninich still house was constructed in 1970 to shelter an additional six stills. The new six and the old four, the A and the B, worked simultaneously until 1984 at which time the old B was closed and subsequently demolished in 1999. All that remains of the original Teaninich Distillery buildings is the receiver house which is now a listed building.

Comments