Annandale Distillery. Established in 1836 and closing in 1918, this lowland distillery reopened it's doors and sprung back into action in 2014 producing scotch whisky after a 90 year break. Traditional chimney stack and pagoda roof, tie in the history of the buildings with the impressive, modern redevelopment. The Washbacks and Stills share an open plan room. Clean, crisp and bright room is in contrast to many darker, dustier and settled distillery counterparts. The Mash Tun. Where the grain and the water meet and mingle. This is where heating this mixture produces the sugars from the broken down barley grain's starch. From 'porridge' to a hot sugary liquid called Wort, this is drained and collected where it then moves to the wash-backs for fermentation. #scotch #whisky #lowland #whiskey #lostdistillery #founddistillery #annandale #distillerytour RT @isleofislay: The Islay Daily Newspaper is out! https://t.co/aStAyOvbdW #islay #news Stories via @ScotsMagazine @WhiskyBarrel @Netweather

MORE

Similar Whisky
2004 Connoisseurs Choice
2004 Connoisseurs Choice
ABV: 46.0%
Volume: 70cl
Bottler: Gordon & MacPhail
Vintage: 2004
NEW

Teaninich
2004 Connoisseurs Choice Whiskey

Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Out of stock. Check back again soon.
Out of stock
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase alcohol on this website, Please enjoy our products responsibly

Teaninich 2004 Vintage Highland single malt Scotch whisky. Matured in Refill Sherry casks and bottled 2013 by Gordon & MacPhail for the Connoisseurs Choice range.

Teaninich

Teaninich Distillery was built by Captain Hugh Monro on the lands of his Teaninich Castle near Alness on the northern shore of the Cromarty Firth in Scotland’s Highland whisky region. Established in 1817 with two stills which increased to four in the 1890s as demand for Teaninich malt whisky soared. A new Teaninich still house was constructed in 1970 to shelter an additional six stills. The new six and the old four, the A and the B, worked simultaneously until 1984 at which time the old B was closed and subsequently demolished in 1999. All that remains of the original Teaninich Distillery buildings is the receiver house which is now a listed building.

Comments