Glenglassaugh Distillery is a Highland malt whisky distillery situated at Sandend Bay near Portsoy on the Banffshire coast with views north over the Moray Firth and the North Sea and is one of just a very few truly coastal Highland malt whisky distilleries. Glenglassaugh Distillery was established by James Moir and opened in 1875 on a site between the remains of Glassaugh windmill constructed in 1762 and the Craig Corn Mills. In an ideal location with barley and soft Speyside water to hand and sea breezes to pervade the distillery’s warehouses. When Glassaugh Station opened on the Moray Coastal Railway in 1884 Glenglassaugh Distillery gained speedy access the whisky blenders down south. This distillery was substantially re-built in 1959 and re-opened in 1960 only to closed in 1986. Glenglassaugh Distillery was purchased by the Scaent Group and back in production in December 2008. Visitors are welcomed at Glenglassaugh Distillery and tours are available by appointment.