Glenburgie Distillery was originally established west of Forres in Scotland's Speyside whiskey region as Kilnflat Distillery by John Paul in 1829. Equipped with two pot stills until 1958 when two Lomond stills were installed and two differing malt whiskies were produced, Glenburgie from the pot stills and Glencraig from the Lomond stills. The Lomond stills were removed in 1981 and replaced with two pot stills. Glenburgie is now producing malt whiskey from six pot stills primarily for Chivas blends. Whilst very little is released in official bottlings it is available from some independent bottlers including Signatory Vintage.