Convalmore Distillery was established close by Balvenie distillery in 1893 and commenced production of Speyside malt whiskey the following year. A continuous sill was later installed and produced malt whiskey until 1915 when it was removed and replaced by four pot stills. The tall square still house which housed the continuous still is still standing and is one of only two surviving in Scotland. The distillery closed in 1985 and whilst the buildings are still standing all the equipment has been removed and so Convalmore is a lost Speyside distillery. Bottlings are scarce but include Gordon & MacPhail's Convalmore Rare Old.