Caperdonich Distillery was founded in 1897 and its two stills were fired up a year later. Established beside the North of Scotland Railway in the north west corner of Rothes. But Caperdonich opened just as demand for whiskey crashed and it closed in 1902 it remained mothballed until 1965 but closed permanently in 2002. And was demolished in 2011. Caperdonich whiskey went primarily into blended scotch but a small volume continues to be released by independent bottlers, featuring in the Old & Rare single cask releases of Hunter Laing. A lost Scottish Speyside malt whiskey distillery.