Filter

Caledonian Distillery

Caledonian Distillery

Caledonian Single Grain Whisky

In its day the Caledonian Distillery was a huge business located at the west end of Princess Street in in the heart of the city of Edinburgh. Founded by Menzies, Bernard and Craig in 1855 complete with its own huge railway yard which sat next to the Edinburgh to Glasgow railway line. At the time of opening the Caledonian’s grain whisky was in demand for the newly developed whisky blending business and was used by Andrew Usher a pioneer of the technique. Closed in 1988 the site was cleared and redeveloped for housing and business use.