Hasn’t this year whizzed by?! As we grapple with November we can no longer ignore the joyful fact that, Christmas is coming! We say it every year as well, that there is no better gift than a bottle of fine Scotch whisky. For a drinker, collector or just as a Christmas gift, whisky is something special.
So here at The Whisky Barrel, to help pick out that perfect Christmas whisky gift and also our pick of single cask Rums, we’ve compiled TWB’s Top 10 picks:
- Top 10 Whiskies Under £50
- Top 10 ‘Something Special’ Whiskies
- TWB’s Top 10 Favourite Whiskies
- Top 10 Christmas Rums
And don’t forget – we offer a fantastic hand-wrapped gift wrapping service too. Christmas paper and all! Simply add this in the basket and during November we are donating all gift wrapping proceeds to Poppyscotland (Find out more here about our support for Poppyscotland | #BehindThemAlways).
TWB | Top 10 Christmas Whiskies Under £50
We’ve not selected these whiskies simply because they suit a budget. They truly offer a great bottle of whisky for the money. From Caol Ila to Ben Nevis, Laprhoaig to Glenallachie, there is a whisky in here for someone.
- Caol Ila 9 Year Old 2009 Signatory Islay
- Ben Nevis 7 Year Old 2011 Hepburn’s Choice
- Craigellachie 11 Year Old 2006 Old Malt Cask
- Glenallachie 12 Year Old
- Old Pulteney 10 Year Old 2007 Carn Mor
- Laphroaig 6 Year Old Cask Collection
- Benromach 2009 Triple Distilled
- Glen Grant 2005
- Ben Nevis McDonald’s Traditional
- Royal Lonchagar 12 Year Old
TWB | Top 10 ‘Something Special’ Whiskies
These represent an absolute treat in the whisky department. Ideal for the whisky lover these would be a gift that to blow their Christmas socks off. Stunning whiskies, stunning presentation. And yes, we can gift wrap them for you!
- Glenrothes 22 Year Old 1997 Carn Mor Black Gold
- North-Port Brechin 36 Year Old 1981 Signatory 30th Anniversary
- Old Perth 41 Year Old 1977 Single Cask
- Glenfarclas 1986 Family Cask
- Chieftains 20 Year Old 1997 Cigar Malt
- Laphroaig 28 year Old Legends Collections
- Springbank 21 Year Old 1995 Magnum
- Tomatin Cu Bocan 1988
- Macallan Speymalt 1950 (2006)
- Glenfarclas 40 Year Old
TWB’s Top 10 Favourite Whiskies
These are just some of our favourite picks of whisky for this Christmas. Hidden gems. Delightful tipples. Varying budgets but offering a quality whisky. There are many more we could have added here but sadly have sold out.
- Macallan Speymalt 2006 (2019)
- Glentauchers 27 Year Old 1991 Connoisseur’s Choice
- Glenallachie 11 Year Old 2007 Signatory Exclusive
- Old Perth 23 Year Old 1994
- Cambus 30 Year Old 1988 Sovereign Exclusive
- Glenallachie 12 Year Old
- Lagavulin 10 Year Old 2007 Exclusive
- Blair Athol 21 year Old 1995 Old Malt Cask
- Talisker 18 Year Old
- Imperial 21 Year Old 1995 Signatory Cask Strength
Top 10 Christmas Rums
If you have a rum fan in the family then this selection of single cask Caribbean rums may do the trick this Christmas. We’ve chosen only quality casks for bottling from some of the biggest rum names out there.
- Hampden 17 Year Old 2001 58.8% Kill Devil Exclusive
- Bellevue 20 Year Old 1998 58.8% Kill Devil Exclusive
- Caroni 20 Year Old 1998 64.8% Kill Devil Exclusive
- Hampden 17 Year Old 2000 Berry Bros Exclusive
- Hampden 16 Year Old 2001 61.2% Kill Devil Exclusive
- Hampden 10 Year Old 2007 62.5% Kill Devil Exclusive
- Hampden 17 Year Old 2000 55.4% Berry Bros Exclusive
- Caroni 10 Year Old 2003 Bristol Classic
- Caroni Trinidad 18 year Old 1998 Kill Devil
- Diamond Guyana 2003 Bristol Classic
Christmas Gift Wrapping – Supporting a Good Cause
As noted, not only do we offer a lovely hand-wrapped gift wrapping service but for the month of November, we are donating all gift wrapping proceeds to Poppyscotland.
This is the third year we have support this wonderful charity helping look after Armed Forces personnel. Simply add in the basket and you need not worry about wrapping a pesky bottle shaped whisky gift this Christmas.
Find out more about our support of Poppyscotland here.