Auchentoshan Distillery was built by John Bulloch around 1800 and originally named Duntocher Distillery and officially licensed in 1823 but renamed Auchentoshan Distillery during the 1830s. Auchentoshan is situated just north of Dalmuir, close by the northern bank of the River Clyde and the Forth and Clyde Canal. Then it was in the countryside but now on the north western fringe of Glasgow, just a swift twenty minutes from Glasgow city centre and not too far from Loch Lomond. Auchentoshan is now one of Scotland’s few operational Lowland malt whisky distilleries and one of the very few distilleries in the whole of Scotland to produce malt whisky using a full triple distillation process. Auchentoshan Distillery tours available at the distillery visitor centre where Auchentoshan Three Wood can be sampled.