Teaninich 38 Year Old Highland single malt Scotch whiskey. 1973 vintage single cask refill hogshead #6066 bottled 2012 for The Boisdale Collection. 125 bottles.
Teaninich Distillery was built by Captain Hugh Monro on the lands of his Teaninich Castle near Alness on the northern shore of the Cromarty Firth in Scotland’s Highland whisky region. Established in 1817 with two stills which increased to four in the 1890s as demand for Teaninich malt whisky soared. A new Teaninich still house was constructed in 1970 to shelter an additional six stills. The new six and the old four, the A and the B, worked simultaneously until 1984 at which time the old B was closed and subsequently demolished in 1999. All that remains of the original Teaninich Distillery buildings is the receiver house which is now a listed building.